Here are some techniques of how to earn an Adsense income. I find many people are interested in earning an automatic income from Adsense but don't realize why the clicks aren't happening.
I can see 2 problems they have:
1. Poor display of Adsense ads on their websites which scream "I'm an advertisement". Your visitors will be reluctant to click on them.
2. Poor quality of traffic. Even if you do get traffic, the quality may be poor. If I have no interest in your website once I get there, what's the probability of me clicking on the ads that are related to the topic I am not interested in?
Solution to problem 1.
For displaying Adsense, you should remove the borders and make Adsense seem less like an ad. Also the colour of the Adsense should blend in with your website.
The placement of the Adsense should be placed on the website where the visitors can easily see them. These are the basics of displayig Adsense on your website.
In essence, the content of your website should have keywords based on the Adsense you would want to appear on your website. For example, if you would like “web hosting” related Adsense to appear on your webpages, the content should mention the words “web hosting” several times in the content.
However, you must make the content make sense and interesting at the same time. Stuffing the words “web hosting” all over the pages with no meaning will give the visitor no interest in reading your content and thus they won't be there long enough to click on the Adsense.
For more in depth information go to http://www.onlinemoneymachine.com/AIS to read up on this topic.
Solution to problem 2.
Once you know how to display Adsense and what content to provide, the next step is getting traffic. This is where most people give up and say “It's impossible to make money with Adsense”. Well say goodbye to that thought now.
People who click on Adsense do so because they are interested in that topic. This means that they are interested in your website and therefore would also be interested in the ads that are displayed.
They are called "targeted traffic" and it is what we need to push our Adsense income sky-high. Below are the techniques which you should use to drive traffic to your website.
Techniques To Get Targeted Traffic
1. Have a blog and post regularly A good way to get targeted traffic is to post a blog. Blogs are excellent to get your other websites indexed and to post useful information which your visitors can read up on. If you post regularly, then your visitors will regualry check your blog.
Place the Adsense on your blog so that the targeted visitors can click on the ads which interest them. See my blog http://www.home-business-setup.com for example. I try to post as much useful information as I can so that the visitors know that they can expect to read some good content when they visit my blog.
2. Announce to your visitors when your blog is updated After capturing the visitors' email address on your blog, you should send an email to them whenever your blog is updated. This will remind them to visit your blog and always keep them aware that you exist.
3. Create websites, which have a lot of information targeted to a particular niche and have Adsense in the middle of the content. If your website is about cars for example, you should have many content related to cars and in the middle of the content, have Adsense on them.
If the users are reading your content and an ad suddenly appears in the middle, then they will take notice. I see click-thru rates particularly high using this technique.
4. Have a google search box on your website. Not many people know this trick but if you have a lot of content, you can place a google search box on your webpage which can show the results of your content pages visitors search for. If they use the google search box to search outside of your website, you still get the Adsense income which they click on outside of your websites. Cool trick.
5. Write articles which are related to your website. At the bottom of your article, your resource box should inform the users of your website. Visitors which click on this link would be very targeted and will spend time to read your content. Your Adsense will of course appear on those webpages. Expect some clicks from these visitors.
6. Offer e-courses to your subscribers. People love to read information which teaches them things they don't know about. You should offer an ecourse which contains valuable information which people can subscribe to free of charge. At the bottom of every lesson, recommend your websites so that the readers will visit your content rich pages with Adsense on them. One of the powerful techniques I use is to give your subscribers the right to offer the ecourse to anyone who has an interest. The traffic you'll get from this viral technique is quite stunning.
7. Purchase subscribers from a respectful lead generating company. With these subscribers, you can send them an introduction email explaining your website. Only have once action for those subscribers and that is to visit your website. If the content is good, and you can build your relationship with those subscribers, you will instantly get an army of visitors regularly visiting your site and clicking on your Adsense.
There you have it. Each one of these techniques will bring your Adsense click-thrus to another level, because the people visiting your websites will be targeted visitors. Imagine what will happen to your online business if you apply all of these techniques.