From the Back Cover
The Most Authoritative Resource on the MySQL Database Available! Reviewed by the MySQL Development Team.
Get the most out of the MySQL database server--today’s most popular open source database--with help from this definitive guide. Take advantage of MySQL’s cross-platform support, independent storage engines, advanced permissions and security system, query caching, full-text indexing and searching, and much more. Reviewed by the MySQL database development team, MySQL: The Complete Reference explains in full detail how to use this customizable RDMS to support robust, reliable, mission-critical applications.
- Install, configure, and test a MySQL database on Linux/UNIX or Windows
- Use MySQL data types, statements, operators, and functions
- Manage databases and tables with the Data Definition Language (DDL)
- Add, delete, and query records using the Data Manipulation Language (DML)
- Take advantage of transactional support
- Implement MySQL’s five-tiered access control and privilege system
- Handle database optimization, backup, recovery, and replication
- Create applications in C, C++, Perl, Java, PHP, and other languages
Vikram Vaswani is the founder and CEO of Melonfire, a company specializing in Web design, development, and content creation for a variety of clients. He has also written extensively on open source technologies, including MySQL, Perl, Python, and PHP.
- Author: Vikram Vaswani
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Osborne Media; 1 edition (December 18, 2003)
- ISBN-10: 0072224770
- Published on: 2003-12-18
- Original language: English
- Binding: Paperback
- 544 pages
- Buy from Amazon.com